Super quick and easy Stir Fry Leeks using leftover Roast Pork Belly. Just a few ingredients and only 20 minutes to prepare.
This Stir Fry Leeks is another dish I associate with Chinese New Year. Like Braised Ngaku Arrowheads, both Chinese leeks and arrowheads only seem to appear at the markets close to the Chinese New Year. Needless to say, Siew Yoke (Roast Pork Belly) is a perennial Chinese New Year favorite.
Leftover Siew Yoke (Roast Pork Belly)
While this stir fry is usually cooked with leftover roast pork belly, that is not happening at our house. As such, I prepared this Pan Fried Crispy Pork Belly, created partly for recipes that require leftover roast pork belly like this one. Still, it is a decent Siew Yoke when you need to satisfy the craving in a pinch and don’t have a day to dry the meat out in the refrigerator.
If you don’t have any leftover roast pork belly and don’t have 40 minutes to make this Pan Fried Crispy Pork Belly, I have a solution for you. Try this Chinese Leeks Sausage Stir Fry instead. It is just as quick, easy, and tasty.
Chinese Leeks have are skinnier in appearance than their western counterpart. They have a more “concentrated” flavor with a pronounced garlicky and pungent aroma, making them perfect for use in a stir fry. You can definitely use regular leeks but it will lack the flavor of Chinese leeks. Even so, the roast pork belly will make it for the milder flavor of regular leeks. 😄 Do give it a try.
Similar Products Used in Making This Stir Fry Leeks with Roast Pork Belly
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Stir Fry Leeks with Roast Pork Belly
- Wash and drain Chinese leeks. Cut off the tops and remove any bruised outer dark green leaves. Then slice each leek at a diagonal into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large pan. Fry roasted pork belly until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds.
- Then, add leeks, soy sauce, and salt. Stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue to stir fry until sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
- Transfer to a plate and serve immediately with steamed rice.