Pickled Cucumber and Shrimp Stir Fry - a light, tender crisp, and refreshingly piquant side…
Chinese Leeks Sausage Stir Fry – a fragrant and garlicky stir fry delicious served with steamed rice. Quick and easy to prepare.
Chinese leeks are not always available in my neck of the woods but when they are, I will always pick up a bunch at the Asian grocery store to bring home with me. I am more likely to find it around the Chinese New Year in January and February. The outer layers of their bulbs are usually tinged with red and they are more slender than the ones found here. They also have a more garlicky and pungent flavor, perfect for a stir fry.
Quick and Easy
Like all vegetable stir fries, this Chinese Leeks Sausage Stir Fry is very quick and easy to prepare. The main ingredients are the leeks and sausage. If you cannot get Chinese leeks, please use regular leeks. The flavor will be less garlicky and pungent but it will still be quite delicious.
I Like to remove the sausage casings when using Chinese sausage and it is easy to do. Simply soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and the casings will puff up. Then, simply peel them off and slice at a diagonal into ¼ inch thick slices.
From start to finish, this stir fry can be served in less than 30 minutes. All you need is a bowl of steamed rice to go with this delicious stir fry. Do give it a try.
Similar Products Used in Making This Chinese Leeks Sausage Stir Fry
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Shun Classic 7” Hollow-Ground Santoku All-Purpose Kitchen Knife
Shun Classic Blonde 7” Santoku Knife, Blonde PakkaWood Handle
Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok Stir Fry Pan, 12-inch
Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch
Stainless Steel Professional Wok Turner Spatula
Chinese Leeks Sausage Stir Fry
- Soak lap cheong in a pan of hot water for about 10 minutes. Casings should puff up. Remove casings and slice at a diagonal.
- Wash and drain Chinese leeks. Cut off the tops and remove any bruised outer dark green leaves. Then slice each leek diagonal.
- Heat a wok or large pan. Fry lap cheong until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. There is no need to use any oil. Remove fried lap cheong, leaving the oil in the wok.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Then, add leeks, soy sauce, salt, and ground pepper. Stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water if it appears too dry.
- Return lap cheong to the pan. Stir to get all ingredients well mixed.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue to stir fry. Turn off heat. Drizzle sesame oil over vegetables.
- Remove and serve immediately.