These deliciously tender Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts are super easy to prepare. Simply set it and allow the slow cooker to do its job.
Even though I already have two versions of Boiled Peanuts on my blogs, I still get requests for yet another method of preparing it each time I post the other two. Since I enjoy this snack so much I decided to make one final post on it, partly to satisfy my own curiosity. I have to admit this is my first time preparing Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts and I think I like this method best. It is a super easy, set-it-and-forget-it kind of deal, and the peanuts are deliciously tender.
Boiled Peanuts Using Different Methods
So, with this recipe, you have no more excuses for not preparing this simple but tasty snack. Simply get the few ingredients needed and pick the method you prefer. Here are the two other versions for your easy reference.
Stove Top Boiled Peanuts
Pressure Cooker Boiled Peanuts
Be sure to weigh down those raw peanuts with a plate or bowl because they will float and may not cook well if you don’t. I found a plate that fitted my slow cooker insert perfectly and so all the peanuts were submerged in the salted water. Then, I set the slow cooker to cook overnight on low for 10 hours. I woke up the next morning to deliciously tender peanuts which I snacked on throughout the day. In the day time, you can set it on high for 6 hours.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer
Stainless Steel Kitchen Mesh Designed Strainer Slotted Ladle Skimmer
Natural Bamboo Basket (8-inch)
Slow Cooker Boiled Peanuts
- 1 lb raw peanuts in their shells (450g)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 6 cloves
- ¼ cup kosher salt / coarse salt (60g)
- Wash raw peanuts 4 to 5 times to get rid of dirt. Drain.
- Boil 4 cups (960ml) water on the stove.
- Transfer washed peanuts to the slow cooker insert. Add cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves, and kosher/coarse salt.
- Pour sufficient hot water to cover peanuts. Place a plate on top of the peanuts to weigh them down.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- When done, remove lid and plate. Scoop up boiled peanuts with a strainer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Warm or Room Temperature
Boiled Peanuts are super delicious when eaten warm. Once they cool down, you can always reheat them in the salted liquid on the stove. I don’t usually do that because I like them at room temperature too.
Leave a Reply