Quick and easy Fried Loh See Fun (Rice Pin Noodles) with minced pork and salted spicy radish. It is perfect for lunch and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.
Fried noodles are a lunch time favorite among the Malaysian Chinese. It usually takes no longer than 30 minutes to prepare and you have a tasty meal to dig into. This Fried Loh See Fun (Rice Pin Noodles) is especially quick with minimum preparation. I like to trim my taugeh/bean sprouts and that takes only about 10 minutes but you can certainly just rinse it and be done.
Loh See Fun (Rice Pin Noodles)
Loh see fun (bee tai bak/rice pin noodles) is only about 2 inches long and so it cooks very quickly and easily. Unlike some other stir fried noodles which taste better when relatively dry, it is perfectly acceptable and quite delicious for Fried Loh See Fun to be slightly “wet”. The sauce will add flavor to the dish.
Over here in the US, loh see fun is sold in (15oz/425g) bags. They tend to clump together and harden slightly in the packaging under refrigeration. Simply nuke it for 2 minutes in the microwave to soften and loosen. You can omit this step if fresh, soft loh see fun is available in your area. Most loh see fun are gluten free but some manufacturers do add a little wheat starch instead of corn starch to prevent it from breakage during frying. Always check the ingredients list to be certain if gluten is a concern.
Similar Tools Used in Making This Fried Loh See Fun (Rice Pin Noodles)
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
• Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
• Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok Stir Fry Pan, 12-inch
• Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch
• Stainless Steel Professional Wok Turner Spatula
Fried Loh See Fun (Rice Pin Noodles)
- Combine ground pork with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Place rice pin noodles in a microwavable dish. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and loosen up noodles with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large fry pan. Add marinated ground pork and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, followed by salted spicy radish. Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add prepared rice pin noodles, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and the dark soy sauce. Continue to stir fry until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Finally, add bean sprouts and stir fry for 20 to 30 seconds. Turn off the stove.
- Transfer to individual plates and sprinkle sliced green onions on the top. Serve immediately.