This Fried Chili Paste is the perfect accompaniment to your noodles and rice dishes. It…
Spicy Fried Rice with dried shrimps, carrots, green beans, eggs, and homemade fried chili paste. Can be prepared in 30 minutes for a quick and tasty lunch.
No two fried rice are the same. While there are a few tried and tested combinations like Yang Chow Fried Rice, this versatile dish comes in infinite variations. It is basically white fluffy rice combined with bits of meat and vegetables stir fried to tasty perfection. It is no wonder many consider it the quintessential comfort food.
Fried Rice Can Be Served as a Side or Main Dish
Restaurants often serve fried rice as a side dish or as a “filler” dish at the end of a banquet. At home, fried rice is usually prepared as a main dish for lunch or busy weeknights. This tasty one-pot meal can be prepared in under 15 minutes if leftover white rice is available.
Fried Rice is a Versatile Dish
Fried rice is very versatile and can be tailored to suit one’s preference. My mom often use Sambal Belacan in her fried rice to give it a spicy kick. Since I have some leftover Fried Chili Paste, I am going to use that instead. The addition of dried shrimps made it taste just as delicious. Do give it a try.
Similar Products Used in Making This Spicy Fried Rice
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
- Rinse dried shrimps. Soak in warm water for 10 minutes. Then drain and give it a coarse chop.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or fry pan. Add prepared dried shrimps. Fry until fragrant and crispy. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove fried shrimps, leaving the oil in the pan. Set aside.
- Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Stir in fried chili paste. Add carrots and green beans. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir to get everything well mixed.
- Using the spatula, create a well in the center of the pan. Crack the eggs into the well and fold the rice back onto the eggs. Continue to stir until the eggs are cooked and rice is dry and fluffy. This will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return fried dried shrimps to the pan. Stir to mix it in. Turn off the stove.
- Dish into individual serving plates and serve immediately.